Tuesday 30 April 2013

My love affair with the Fuji X100

So,almost 1.5 years ago, I first saw the X100 online and fell in love with it. I had to get the camera,somehow. Amazingly, I did get it in Oct'2011. Using this little gem of a camera was a refreshing experience- knowing that I have a fixed 23mm lens(APS-C Sensor which makes it equivalent to 35mm in Full frame format) with outstanding ISO performance and mind boggling image quality, it somewhat replaced my Nikon DSLR(at certain occasions). The Fuji X100 has been trusted by quite a few professionals and serious enthusiasts. Despite its slower than expected AF system, it does produce images that are quite unique. I have a 35mm f/1.4 on my D700, so I am quite familiar with the focal length. Having said that, this Fuji lets me come up with different kinds of frames which I wouldnt have composed with a DSLR. Add to it that retro look, the Fuji X100 makes for a tempting mistress of sorts. Here are some of my personal favorites with my X100.







No comments:

Post a Comment